An increase of 2 cm in height will of course will be more difficult than just gaining 1 cm but it should be only slightly harder. Depending on a person’s lifestyle and how active they are, the program towards gaining 2 cm in extra height can be very difficult or very easy.
The main theory is the same. For most people who live sedentary lives, a lot of extra height is hidden which proper exercise and stretching will bring out.
2 cm is only slightly longer then 3/4 th of an inch. That is perfectly reasonable for I would say 50 % of all the people who really stick to the program below for 4-5 months.
1. The main thing is again stretching only this time one should be focusing on prolonged stretching with a routine of deep breathing involved. Again it is the torso one must focus on first, and then the hamstrings and ankles.
2. Swimming should definitely be incorporated into the weekly exercise with a focus on the butterfly stroke and a trial to stretch and widen the torso.
3. One should now focus a lot of energy on certain yoga positions like the cobra, and the downward dog. Refer to past articles written about Yogic positions.
4. The type of food one intakes should be decreased. Carobohydrates (whites) should be avoided while greens and lean meat should be eaten. This is to drop excess weight and slim the torso and body to give it a leaner thinner look. That would help give the impression of height.
5. Now would be a good time to learn the fundamentals of the Alexander method. It would teach you how to walk with the correct posture.
6. Sleep should be be focused on to allow for deep rest and the entire body to relax and decompress. This means the body will be expanded more afte waking.
7. Some hanging on a bar could help a little, at least to build upper body muscle and tone one’s arms. The hanging will take more weight off of the back.
Note: A lot of the height increase from this point on and anything more will be only temporary. The body has a slight bit of elasticity and if you stop doing the exercises, the body will go back to the original condition. However, if you manage to change your lifestyle, some of the extra height, usually about 50% of the total maximum height change you can do is permanent.