This page houses the collection of all of the resources, references, and sites that I have found in my journey which has been extremely useful or interesting that is related to height or height increase. It is broken up into 4 parts, Message Boards, Blogs/Personal Sites (like this one), Informative Sites, and Medical Clinics. If any new resources or sites are found, I will be sure to add and edit this page.
I had written maybe 2-3 posts already listing quite a few links and sites. I decided that it would be too much of a hassle to go back and find those posts and edit them but instead to put a resource page at the header toolbar for easy access. All the information and data from those old posts have been transferred to this page.
I. Message Boards & Forums
Most of what is listed will be old, outdated, or rarely posted upon. If however there are any big forums or discussion boards I do find, I will be sure to make a note of that on the ride side beside the name and link I post here.
- All Of The Growth – http://rost.borda.ru/ – A russian language based website
- Anabolic Minds – focused on mainly steroids, bodybuilding, but has a few really scientific and detailed height increase posts and discussions which I have linked to on the link.
- Free Height Increase Message Board – a rather old board, not many posts anymore
- GGP GG FUNPIC – German Grow Taller Forum
- Giant Scientific – to reach the resource, click HERE
- Grow Tall Info forum – was informed of this forum very recently haven’t had a chance to really look at it.
- Grow Taller Forum – old site that barely gets many posts.
- Grow Taller Forum – another one with same name . has an extension of .tk. Has 1 thread and no activity at all.
- www.hayatimdegisti.com/forum/boy-uzatma/ – (Language is in Turkish, Can be translated using Google)
- Height Catalyst – a new reactivated website and forum with real research being done
- Height Forum – is a very small forum with very few posts and only a few active members.
- www.heightdiscussion.com – Mostly dead, Not many posts. A little less than 4,000 total members. Less than 150 total posts at the current time.
- How to grow tall – rather filled with old drama
- The Impartial Height Increase Message Board @ Forum54 – to reach the resource, click HERE
- Make Me Taller – to reach the resource, click HERE
- NOSSA (National Organization of Short Statured Adults) – recently found forum. Non-Profit 501 (c) (4)
- Support For The Short – notes that the NOSSA may be a fraud & scam taking people’s money.
About half of the forums and message boards I have posted above, half I found from the Short Support website which you can get an even longer list HERE. Of the resources and references I have found, they are the largest that I have found so far. If you happened to know another forum or board that the Height Increase Seeker can join, give me a message or email and I will promptly post it on the site to inform the other members and readers where to go. Thank You.
II. Blogs, Personal Sites
I also try to find other Height Increase Seekers (H.I.S) who are also blogging and talking about their journey, path, or quest. Here is a list of the people who I have found.
- Acromegaly Bloggers – a community of bloggers who suffer from acromegaly
- AllAboutHeight.wordpress.com – This website I recently found is one of the most informative and resourceful blogs or website around. The posts are few but good.
- El Zar De La Estatura or Czar of Height– spanish language based old website which was seeking height increase solutions and doing great work.
- Got To Grow – One of the very first websites created to try to increase height. On the old Geocities platform. Has a chat room & a message board.
- Grow Taller Routine (Tumbler)– A very short blog with maybe only 2 posts. However, they makea reference to Zixia and her blog which is at #5. Zixia’s blog and method is quite possibly the most interesting and most promising method I have found so far.
- Grow Taller Secrets – http://grow-taller-secret.blogspot.com/ – Note: This blog has not been updated in over 3 years but does have some useful information. Doesn’t seem to be selling the usual scam products but still might be selling some other type of scam product that is not height increase related. Just be careful with this resource.
- Grow Taller With Me – Zixia/Nicole – http://zixialinmm.blogspot.com/
- Grow Taller With Me And Change Your Life – http://growtallerwithmeandchangeyourlife.blogspot.com/
- growtallerok.net – Note: Although extremely informative and full of useful content, the product they sell (Company that is not named) is a scam.
- Height Blog – (www.heightblog.com/)
- Height Catalyst – heightcatalyst.com/ – an old research site which was recently put back on but again was taken down.
- Human Body Size (www.humanbodysize.com/) – Thomas T. Samaras – to focus on the ramifications of a world population that is constantly increasing in height and body weight
- Kazlina.com – Fellow collaborator Kazlina’s website
- Lsjltester – used to test the Lateral Synovial Joint Loading method on the fingers.
- My Grow Taller Journey – An informative but not content intensive blog with all of the major height increase ideas on it. Uses Tumbler as the blog platform
- My-Grow-Taller-Journey – Is the same blog by the same creator as the one above. Also uses tumbler. The main difference seems to be the name and the graphic design.
- Project 10.0 – Layan – http://project10-0.blogspot.com/
- Quest For Height – (www.heightquest.com/)
- Ramifications Of Increasing Body Size – samarasbodyheightweight.blogspot.com/ – the personal blog of Thomas Samaras looking at how increasing body size may be better for the overall human race. – currently no new posts.
- Str8gt – (www.str8gt.com ) – the site overall is a blog which talks about a few strategies and methods about height increasebut lacks much detail and and specifics, or depth on the content. It seems t skim over the most general things. What makes it difficult to trust is that it does promote and probably markets a scam “Grow Taller 4 Idiots”. I was unsure where to put the site, whether in the scam section or the resource section.
- The Incredible Shrinking Man – www.the-incredible-shrinking-man.net/ – The Incredible Shrinking Man is a speculative design research about the consequences of downsizing the human species to 50 centimeters.
- Yasers Horna – a Norwegian based wordpress blog/website which talks about height and height increase research sometimes in its posts
Dead & Very Old Websites About Growing Taller
Amril’s Get Taller Website
Scorpion’s Old Growing Taller Website
Frogger’s Product/Evaluation Forum
Grow Taller 2000 Free Journal Download
RU2SHORT Free Journal Download
Height Increase Manual Free Download
Free Grow Taller Journal Download
Free Stretch Journal Download
- http://www.autogenesisinc.com/CAQ.html – This site has info about limb lengthening, the so called “Ilzariov Operation”
- http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/shortpeople – A place where you can be proud of being short!
- http://www.santosha.com/asanas – A site if anyone is interested in Yoga.. its supposed to release the pressure in the mind, hence help in increasing height.
- http://www.healthstyle.com/hGh.htm – Someone selling Homeopathic pills (supposed to free from side effects)
- http://www.shortstuff.org.uk/ – This site was developed by a 4′ 7″ tall woman who decided that it was time for short people to stand up for themselves.
- http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/gibson/155/spunite.htm – Their campaign is to help people 5′ 3″ and under to come to terms with their shortness!
- http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm – Automated interactive height/ weight calculator.
- http://www.druginfonet.com http://www.druginfonet.com/faq/new/DISEASE_FAQ/Height.htm – Search for ‘Height’ in this page, and you should benefit! Or click on second link
- http://www.thewayup.com/products/0248.htm – Sells nutrition of all kinds!
- http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/4ea9a.htm – A link of someone selling nutropin
- http://www.oe-pages.com/BIZ/Homebiz/faizah – Faizahs homepage! i forgot what she sells, but its something to do with growth!
- Http://www.Saff.8m.com – This is site from the person who originally designed and setup this height journal website. Check it out. Its still under construction though
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/short/ – A discussion and support mailing list for people below average height!
- GROWING TALLER 2003 – THE FREE HEIGHT INCREASE MESSAGE BOARD (http://www.network54.com/Forum/201879/) – This site deals strictly in Human Growth and performance information
III. Informative Sites
For all of your obsessiveness on height related information needs.
- Add Inches To Height – a a small site that give some decent average information to the reader on the tips to grow taller. I don’t think they sell anything on it.
- Alexander Technique for Height Increase FAQ – (www.thealexanderguide.com/)
- Arnold Height – A complete site dedicated to determining what is the real height of Arnold Schwarzenegger (which is somewhere in range 6’0″-6’2″)
- Celebrity Height Database – (www.celebheights.com/)
- City Center of Orthopedics and Cosmetology (Volvograd, Russia) – A rather good and detailed resource on how the limb lengthening surgery process works. The website might actually be the front homepage for a medical hospital or clinic located in Volgograd, Russia. To find the most Frequently Asked Questions about the surgery process, go to the FAQ webpage located HERE. I would however not recommend the Institute for actual limb lengthening surgery until I know more about the people there – Email: email@example.com
- Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Grow Taller with Hypnosis – (www.hypnosis2height.com/)
- Get Taller For Free by Google – this is a small website which has a decent set of exercises to try out. similar in style and length as an E-Book.
- Giant Scientific – (www.giantscientific.com/)
- Gradual Bone Lengthening – Official site for Dr Musy-French (from Paris, France)
- Grow Tall Asia this may be the only site and blog that I will be putting in both the resource section and the scam section of the website. It is true that there is a lot of value in terms of content on the blog which was written over a 3 year span. my problem with it is that it reviews and then endorses and promotes products wich I know is a scam that does not work. that includes the “Grow Taller 4 Idiots” product/program many different type of herbal multivitamin supplements like “Peak Height”.
- Grow Taller (Med India)– Another article that has some good information although the information is nothing new.
- Grow Taller (WikiHow)– A short outline on the many factors of height increase but stays rather informative and does have a few nuggets of insight. No new information though.
- Grow Taller Step – This website is where I found the largest collection of height increase books and manuals I have ever seen. However it does affiliate sell the GT4I product.
- Height DB – The Height Database, Anyone & Anything
- HGH and Height Increase – (www.hghforheight.com/)
- www.hgh.org– claims to be ” The Most Complete and Accurate Human Growth Hormone Guide in the World”, is quite informative.
- How 2 Grow Taller – is a blog that writes about how to grow taller but endorses and promotes products which are scams.
- How to Grow Taller, The Complete Guide (Triponic) – A nice short but informative article with some links to exercise that is useful. Does not seem to be trying to sell anything.
- How To Grow Taller With Closed Growth Plates (Hubpages) – Johnny Mnemonic -A very unique and resourceful article that really does look at what viable options are out there with no intention of scamming.
- “Human Height” article from Wikipedia – (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height)
- Increase Your Height Guide (Agniveer)– Give a very unique and original guide on the methods and strategies to increase height including certain yogas, meditation, and ayurvedic solutions.
- Limb Lengthening Institute Website – (http://www.limblengtheningdoc.org/)- associated with Dr. Dror Paley
- Increasing Height With Human Growth Hormone (Technorati)– Even though it is only a 2 page article, the information in it is slightly more scientific and research backed than most of the sources available.
- Pilates Guide For Height Increase FAQ – (www.thepilatesguide.com/)
- School Of Growth – A very nice informative site on some legitimate scientific data. Also sells some height increasing equipment not usually offered in other places
- Short Support Group – (www.shortsupport.org/)
- Support For The Short – notes that NOSSA is likely a fraud & scam taking other people’s money.
- Tall People – A nice short blog that has info on certain and unique tall people around the world
IV. Counselors, Therapists, Support Groups.
Therapists, Counselors, Psychiatrists, Psychologists
- Diane Sardanopoli, LPC – Licensed Professional Counselor , Certified Grief Recovery Specialist , Location: Ridgewood, New Jersey, USA
Note: Found from the short support website resources section
- Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency – Provides public education and networking for adults with growth-related disorders. You get taken to the same website as the MAGIC foundation.
- Alliance of Genetic Support
- Growth Hormone Deficiency Support Network – National network of MAGIC Foundation. You get taken to the same website as the MAGIC foundation.
- The Human Growth Foundation – to provide support, services, and education to children with disorders of growth and adults with growth hormone deficiency, and to the medical profession
- Little People of America – Provides mutual support to people of short stature (4 ft. 10 inches and under) and their families. Information on physical and developmental concerns, employment, education, disability rights, medical issues, adaptive devices, etc.
- MAGIC Foundation for Children’s Growth – Provides public education and networking for families of children with growth-related disorders.
- NOSSA (National Organization of Short Statured Adults) – recently found forum. Non-Profit 501 (c) (4)
- Short Support Group – (www.shortsupport.org/)
- Tall Clubs International – Social support for tall persons (men at least 6 ft. 2 inches; women at least 5 ft. 10 inches). Also advocacy for clothing and other special needs of tall people. (Don’t discriminate. Tall people need support too, but maybe a little less than short people though)
Note: Most of the links and groups found above were from the Health Information section of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Organization found HERE
V. Legitimate Surgery & Medical Clinics
This post will list as many valid and legitimate limb lengthening and leg lengthening hospitals and institutes as possible. It would be near impossible for myself alone to review all of the resources and links that are available.
Note: I am human so I can be fallible. If I state that a listing below is valid or legitimate does not mean that it really is. Please be careful when making any form of decision that involves a medical procedure as big as surgery. I would advise one to consult one’s personal doctor first before going through with anything as big as limb/leg lengthening surgery. However, it is your life so you can do whatever you want. If you over the age of 18, you are a full adult in the eyes of the USA government legal system so you are fully responsible for any actions you take. I can only give you the information as cleanly and truthfully as I can.
Please be careful. To get a more complete listing of Hospitals and Clinics around the world who does the limb lengthening Surgery, please refer to the Short Support website located HERE.
- Phone #: Office – (561) 844-5255 Fax – (561) 844-5245
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 901 45th Street – Kimmel Building , West Palm Beach, FL 33407 , 877-765-4637 (Toll Free)
Description: Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon and is nationally and internationally recognized for his expertise in deformity correction and limb lengthening. (Note: I highly recommend Dr. Paley for his credentials, exposure, and experience.)
- Address: Clinic Address: A-136, Super Mart 1 , DLF Phase 4, Gurgaon, India
- Practice Location: B L Kapur Mqemorial Hospital, Action Cancer Institute, Nova Surgical Center
Description: Dr. Sarin has worked at Institute for Invalids & Reconstructive Surgeries Ukraine Region, Vinnitssa Medical Institute Hospital Vinnitssa U.S.S.R. for Reconstructive Surgeries, Rehabilitative Surgeries and Illizarov Technique of Bone remodeling. In 20 years he has performed more than 3000 Ilizarov surgeries.
3. Dr. Shahab Mahboubain, DO, MPH.
Southern California Ortho Association 10640 Riverside Dr , North Hollywood, CA 91602 Telephone: (818) 755-6500 (Office)
Office Location 1: 9025 Wilshire Blvd Suite 202 , Beverly Hills, CA 90211 Telephone: (800) 788-1416 (Office)
Office Location 2: 16133 Ventura Blvd Suite 370 , Encino, CA 91436 Telephone: (818) 379-9991 (Office)
4. THE CENTRE OF ANTHROPOMETRICAL (ORTHOPAEDICAL) COSMETOLOGY AND CORRECTION, Dr.Yegorov’s group
- Phone #: +7 8442 38 39 27 (call from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (GMT +03:00))
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Skype name: volga-volga6
- Address: 17 Socialisticheskaya str., stage 7 , Volgograd, Russia
- Phone #: +49 (0) 175 7815 512 ,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Betz institute, Heeresstr. 49 , 66822 Lebach, Germany
- Directions: We are located 2 hours outside of Frankfurt, Germany, near the border of Luxembourg and France. The nearest airports are Luxembourg airport, Frankfurt Main, Frankfurt Hahn and Saarbrücken airport.
Description: Professor and/or Dr. Betz is internationally known for his approach to complicated orthopedic procedures in which he has pioneered minimally invasive techniques for over 20 years making him one of the most experienced limb lengthening and reconstructive orthopedic surgeons in the world.
Dr. Betz specializes in the following:
- Limb Lengthening /corrections (legs, arms, hands and feet)
- Development of innovative implants in the sector of corrective and reconstructive limb surgery
- Research and development of innovative endoprosthetics
- Specialized training courses for colleagues involved in reconstr- uctive surgical techniques
- Green surgery®
6. Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology – Based off of Beijing, China. Full name is Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology. From the website, the institute/ clinic seems to be legitimate, however I have not gone into detail in analysis and review on the doctors and surgeons available.
- Main Surgeon: Dr. Hetao Xia Articles written about him Link 1, Link 2
- Phone #: 86-10-68283645
- Address: Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology , Wandimingyuan 2-402, Haidian District, Xisihuan MiddleRoad, No.39, Beijing, 100039, China
- Post Address: 530 S Lake ST #341, Pasadena, CA 91101
- Phone #: (310) 997-2704
- Email: email@example.com
Description: The largest and most experienced institute for limb lengthening in the world today. The centre was founded as a Russian Federal institute by Prof. Gavriil A. Ilizarov in 1951 in order to treat post WWII veterans with leg traumas and non-unions. Prof. Ilizarov was the first to develop the process of limb lengthening and successfully implement it to traumatic as well as corrective cases. The Ilizarov method is now the most widespread technique for limb lengthening and bone reconstruction among the international orthopaedic community.
8. Institute Of Limb Lengthening And Complex Reconstruction , Hospital For Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical CollegeRussian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology, Achondroplasia, and Orthopaedics is situated in Kurgan, Russia.
- Director: Dr. S. Robert Rozbruch, MD.
- Phone #: 212-606-1415
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 535 East 70th Street, New York, New York, 10021
- Website 2: Hospital of Special Surgery
9. International Center for Limb Lengthening , Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Kernan Hospital, Center Website: Life Bridge Health
- Phone #: 410-601-8700 or 1-800-221-8425
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Webpage: Profile Description
Director: John E. Herzernberg, M.D. (also Director at Pediatric Orthopedics at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore)
- E-mail Dr. Herzenberg
- Phone: 410-601-9555
- Fax: 410-601-9575
Note: I am not sure if this place actually offers it’s services for limb lenghening for the purpose of cosmetic reasons for short stature people.
Founder: Dr. Minoo Patel , MBBS, MS, FRACS, Ph. D – NOTE: He does NOT have a medical degree AND on his personal profile page it states that he is STILL in the process of obtaining his Ph. D.
- Tel: (61) 3 9429 8084
- Fax: (61) 3 9429 4045
- Address: Suite 5.7, The Epworth Centre, 32 Erin Street, Richmond, VIC 3121, Australia
11. Ilizarov’s Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Russian Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics – (Me: I am slightly suspicious of the hospital/ clinic since the website does not seem to give an address of the center. Just be cautious.)
Dr. S.V. Santpure M.S.(Ortho), Fellowship, Baltimore (USA)
Consultant orthopaedic surgeon
Room no 36 (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) – 11.30 to 14.00 hrs
Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital
Beed Bypass Road, Aurangabad – 431 005
Maharashtra State, India.
- Phone: +91-9325211654
- E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Chandak Hospital & Research Institute, Recognized for the treatment of Central and State Government Employees & their Family
Description: Dr. Abhay Chandak has developed one of India’s prestigious centres for Reconstructive Orthopedics Surgeries, using the Ilizarov technique. He has a pioneering role in popularizing Ilizarov Ring Fixator Surgery, in Northern India.This technique has revolutionized the Orthopaedic treatment, the world over. Chandak Hospital has now emerged as one of the most advanced Ilizarov Center of the country, equipped with latest instrumentation and latest medical gadgetry, where severely complicated cases from across the country are being treated successfully. The hospital prides over performing the Ilizarov surgery in approximately 800 patients in about ten years. The center specializes in the personalized care of these patients and has succeeded consistently in giving rewarding results, carving a special niche. Copyright © 2011 chandakhospitalgwalior.com
- Phone #: 0751-2324131, 2410998
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 14, Hospital Road, Gwalior, 474009, Chandak Hospital And Research Institute Hospital Road, Gwalior-9 Madhya Pradesh, India
Jaslok Hospital, MumbaiDirector,
Centre for Ilizarov Techniques
Chaudhary Hospital, Akola.
Tele/Fax : (0724) 2435398, 2441895, 2439265.
Chaudhary Trust Hospital
Civil Lines, Akola 444 001,
Maharashtra. India.Phone : 0091-724-2435398
The online shops offer a way to buy legitimate products which are supposed to help you increase your height or at least look and be perceived to be taller.
- Better Shoe Lifts – sells height increasing insoles you put in your shoes
- Bugarri Shoes – sells shoes with added padding.
- Elevator Shoes – sells shoes with added padding
- Height Increase Speciality Shop – sells all kinds of products and equipment to help you grow (or look) taller
- I Taller Shoes – sells shoes with added padding
- Lift Height Insoles – sells height increasing insoles you put in your shoes
- Orthopedic Shoe Lift – allows you to add height and inches to the shoes you want to alter
- Tall Men Shoes – sells shoes with added heel
- Taller – sells lift dress shoes
- Taller Heels – sells shoes with added heel
- Walk Tall Shoes – sells shoes with added heel
VII: Useful Websites
This is just going to be a subsection where a bunch of websites and webpages that is not informative and content rich enough to be in the resource section end up. Most of the sites have information that is ok but don’t go into detail or depth in explaining stuff. This webpage will be edited and added upon over time.
- www.deeptrancenow.com – (I am not sure about this site, its products are very controversial, so I also put this site on the “scams website list” section
- growingtallerstretches.com – overall the site is nicely design with some weak information selling a scam with only half a dozen really short articles with little data.This website might have to go in the scams or and/or useless websites section.
- www.height-increasing.com/category/facts-growth-height/ – (it only has two articles but the articles have tables for heights and weights)
- HGH Blog – Human Growth Hormone Supplements – blog.hgh.com – the website is well designed page with the articles written so that the reader would go and buy the HGH supplements from them. It is not focused on height increase but on muscle mass increase, lossing weight, and gaining energy.
VIII: A Quick Note About Naming, Terminology, and Name Shortening
I wanted to save some time and have noticed myself getting lazy recently so I decided to write down a list of names, terms, and shortened terms and names to save me time in the future.
Again, this post will be also continuously changed, edited, and added to make room for future changes and developments.
So here is the list. It is in alphabetical order…
- BGRI – Biomedical Growth Research Initiative
- BMP/BMPs – Bone Morphogenetic Proteins
- Distal – Away from the center
- ER-α/ER-alpha- Estrogen receptor alpha
- ER-β/ER-beta – Estrogen receptor beta
- FGF/FGFs – Fibroblast Growth Factors
- GDF/GDFs – Growth Differentiation Factors
- GnRHa – Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Analogue
- G.S./GS – Giant Scientific (besides this website, one of the only height increase websites or boards that is valid and real)
- GT4I – Grow Taller 4 Idiots (a popular grow taller scam)
- HGH/hGH/GH – Human Growth Hormone or Human derived Growth Hormone
- HI/H.I. -Height Increase
- HIS/H.I.S. – Height Increase Seeker (refers to most of us who who come here and read the blog/site)
- HQ – www.heightquest.com
- Hypertrophic Zone (HZ) – another zone found on the growth plate that is distal of the proliferative zone.
- IGF-1 – Insulin like Growth Factor Type 1
- IGF-2 – Insulin like Growth Factor Type 2
- IHH/ihh – Indian Hedgehog
- Lateral – from the side, or on the side
- Ligand (for biochemistry & pharmacology usage) – a substance (usually a small molecule), that forms a complex with a biomolecule to serve a biological purpose. In a narrower sense, it is a signal triggering molecule, binding to a site on a target protein. (from Wikipedia definition)
- LLS – Limb-Lenghtening Surgery aka Distraction Osteogenesis
- LSJL – Lateral Synovial Joint Loading
- M.M.T./MMT – www.makemetaller.org
- MSCs – Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- N.H.G.H./NHGH – Natural Height Growth (this is the site/blog’s name. It is a play and pun off of HGH. I thought it was clever )
- PDGF – Platelet-Derived Growth Factor
- Proliferative Zone (PZ) – another zone found on the growth plate that is distal of the resting zone.
- Proximal – Toward the center
- PTH – Parathyroid Hormone
- PTHrP -Parathyroid Hormone receptor Protein
- Resting Zone (RZ) – a certain zone found on the growth plate
- Stress – a measure of the internal forces acting within a deformable body. Quantitatively, it is a measure of the average force per unit area of a surface within the body on which internal forces act. Similar to pressure. Units are Force/Area or N/m^2, pound-force/ inch^2, psi.
- Strain – a normalized measure of deformation representing the displacement between particles in the body relative to a reference length. Is expressed as del(X2-X1)/delX1 where X2=f(X1). Symbol is epsilon. Unit is unit less, comes out as a fraction.
- TGF-Beta/TGF-β – Tranforming Growth Factor Beta
- T.I.M.I.M./TIMIM – The Impartial Height Increasing Message Board (I know, I left out the B for Board)
- VEGF – Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
IX: Conversion Units and Approximations
So my guide/ program for the H.I.S (Height Increase Seeker) is to break down the entire process down by the length of height increase they will expect to get.
Let’s do some conversions. The United States and United Kingdom apparently are very unique because they chose to adopt and use their own form of measurement system, unlike the rest of the world which uses the Standard International (SI) system. We will not focus on the mass units or the time units but only on the length units for conversion
US/UK Standard Units
Rest of the world Standard Units
We only focus on two of the 8 units, centimeters and inches. The official conversion we use is this equality: 2.54 centimeters = 1 inch
That 2.54 centimeters can be converted to 25.4 millimeters. Now, for anyone who has ever seen a ruler, one would realize just how small 1 millimter really is. usually about 2-3 hair widths make up one millimeter.
Now, if we remember that we (or at least most of us) have hair on our head. When we get our height measured, our hair does have a slight influence. The pressing down on the hair means usually about 20-30 hair widths are pressed down. That means that our height can have a 2-3 millimeter deviation from if we were completely bald. What I wanted to do is that that the 0.4 millimeters at the end of the conversion is not that influential until it is accumulated together. The effect of the small amount (0.4 milliters) is negated by the amount of deviation allowed by the compression of our hair.
So, for most general purposes I would prefer to use this conversion to make life simpler. – 2.50 cm = 1 inch so 10 cm = 4 inches
Note: even though 4 inches = 10.16 cm exactly, the extra 1.6 millimeter is negligible and truncated.
I am going to put a limit of a height gain of 10 cm or 4 inches on this site because I personally don’t think a height increase of anything over 4 inches is even remotely possible , at least naturally.