Yesterday I got a email message sent through the company email account where they forwarded a link where the article was about Pierre Pozzuto and his A-Grow-Bics program in London. Now I have already looked at this guy and his claims in a very recent post entitled “A-Grow-Bics Class With Fitness Trainer Pierre Pozzuto Of Fitness Chain Gymbox Claims To Increase Height Through Microfractures“.
At the conclusion of the previous post I had said that it was difficult to say with confidence that this guy can really help adults grow taller. The one source I was using was an article written by a reporter who tried out Pozzuto’s program for only one day and did not see any increase in her height after she went through the intense training and stretching. Of course the claim was always that the person would see at least a height increase of 2 cm or more after doing the program for 6 weeks or they will get their money refunded. Overall, I did the research and saw that this Pozzuto guy was the real deal and he was a licensed physical trainer based in the UK. This article was from the DailyMail UK. It seems this reporter tried out the program too and she noticed a height increase of 2 inches or 4.9 cm to be more exact.
So what is in the program?
“This revolutionary exercise system blends elements of Pilates, Yoga, cardio exercises and stretching moves; it involves hanging upside down like a bat . . . oh, and being strapped on to a rack…”
It seems there is 7 main parts which goes in this sequence…
- You first hang on a bar for an extended amount of time, over 30 secs.
- You get you ankles locked on bar and you are hoisted up and hanging upside down. You than are to try to reach for your ankles and this strengthens core muscles.
- You get on the ground on your stomach and alternate your limbs to strengthen the core muscles and stretch out.
- There is an exercise called the “Superman” using cords. Don’t really know what is going on.
- You do high intensity jumps on boxes as much as possible to increase HGH production levels.
- You then get on a treadmill to do short sprints at the top speed to increase HGH production levels. This is also where the idea of microfractures come in.
- You then go to the “rack” which holds the body down with clamps to the wrist and ankles and stretch the spine.
In terms of duration, it was stated..”The whole workout took just under one hour, and Pierre and I went through the same routine once a week for six weeks. I was also given ‘homework’, which involved a few stretches and Pilates exercises,...”
- “Participants are measured at the beginning, and again after every session. There was nothing to show for my effort after week one or week two.
- But at the end of week three, I’d grown 0.8cm; by week four, I’d grown 2cm; and by the end of the course I had become an astonishing 4.9cm taller.
- I was stunned, and even Pierre had to measure me twice before we both believed it: six weeks ago, I was 160.5cm (5ft 2in); now I’m 165.4cm (5ft 4in). “