I had found an article written by Tyler of HeightQuest.Com on spine lengthening surgery HERE and I was interested in learning more about the technique. SO I did my own research to see what other resources say about it.
The first main resource that talks about spine lengthening related to height increase was always about how to improve one’s posture to regain what I have called hidden height. From resource 1, we learn a few techniques on how to gain better posture.
Body Height Tricks: Lengthening And Posture Exercises
June 13, 2009
If you are slightly overweight or if your body fat measurements are too high, you can actually increase the appearance of your body height and attain your ideal weight with lengthening and posture exercises, combined with a body fat diet. With the right mix of exercises, diet, and patience, you can achieve the lean body of your dreams. Plus, the benefits of good posture go beyond looking lean and tall. Good posture also improves your breathing, digestion, and energy.
Sitting up straight and standing tall will make you appear and feel more height-weight proportionate. Here are a few exercises that will help you improve your posture for a taller, leaner look.
Rowing With Weights
This exercise will work your shoulders and your back, making them stronger for sitting and standing up straight. This exercise will help you minimize slouching.
- Sit on a stability ball with your feet flat on the floor and both knees bent. Your spine and neck should be straight and perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold a 5-pound weight in each hand with your palms facing in and your elbows bent at 90 degree angles.
- As you squeeze your shoulder blades together, row the weights to your sides. Row for as long as it is comfortable for you.
This spinal stretch will help you elongate your spine by relieving it of compression from the weight of your head. This exercise will help you improve posture within a few weeks.
- Lie on your back on a mat with your feet flat on the floor with your knees bent.
- Lay your head on a pillow, and focus on lengthening your spine as you let your body sink into your mat.
- Support your head with a small pillow and, with your eyes open, let your body sink into the mat as you focus on lengthening your spine. Breathe deeply while you concentrate on lengthening your spine for twenty minutes.
Pilates Thigh Lifts
These Pilates thigh lifts will help you lengthen your thigh muscles.
- First, lay on one side with your whole body in a straight line.
- Lift your head and bend your lower arm with your elbow on the ground your hand raised to support your head.
- Lift your top leg, bend your knee, and bring your leg forward while placing your foot on the ground in front of your bottom hip with your toes pointing forward.
- Wrap your top hand around your leg and grasp ankle.
- Then lift your bottom leg a few inches off the floor, and lower it after a breath.
Repeat this exercise four times on each side.
The popular prayer pose will strengthen your spine and neck as it stretches your spine, arms, shoulders, and hamstrings.
- Rest on all fours on your mat with your knees and feet spaced about one foot apart.
- Pull your torso back so your hip bones rest on your thigh.
- Then slowly walk your hands forward with your palms on your mat, until your forehead rests on the mat.
- Lengthen your spine and rise your pelvis as you stretch.
More resources keep on mentioning use chiropractors to work with one’s back to straighten it.
From the Make Me Taller board, a discussion HERE was started about this topic and the moderator effectively destroyed the idea.
Me: The discussion that was started above actually lead to what I would call a revolution in possible height increase research, at least on something which I have never seen before. Wait for my next post.