Years ago when I was learning how to be good with women by getting sucked into the Pick-Up-Artist industry (2009-2011), I was walking with this guy I met online while we were looking for cute girls to talk to and maybe get a date with.
He made this off handed remark which has stayed with me for a long time which only I have now understood and fully agree with years later.
This is what he said. He asked me the question.. “What is one simple thing girls (assuming ‘white” american here) can do which can make themselves look at least twice as attractive as before?”
I didn’t know. He said “Dye their hair blonde”.
For a $20 investment, and 30 minutes of work, which is just waiting for the peroxide to kick in and bleach the hair a lighter color, the effects are quite dramatic. Just a few days ago I saw this Youtube video where this Youtuber calling herself Hayley Quinn did a Social Experiment to see if she would get treated differently when she has her normal brown/brunette hair and then with a blonde hair wig.
The effects were dramatic. You can watch it here.
As a guy who has gone through the long process of maturity to becoming a guy who understands the mating game, I can say with completely confidence that the effect is real. This is the pareto princple, 80/20 rule personified.
With a new hair color, the woman who has done it goes through a substantial increase in confidence and maybe even power over the opposite sex.
So what can a guy do which can give a similar effect, which has just as much of a difference as blonde hair on a woman?
Increase their height, at least temporarily by 2 inches. This means wearing lifts, which gives them slightly more height.
Keep in mind, that this only works for people who are not already tall. We are talking about men below the height of 6′ 3″.
I may have said once before that the optimum height of a guy is 6′ 6″, but that number has been reconsidered. I would now venture that the optimum height for an American guy in the modern day is actually 6′ 4″, maybe 6′ 5″ for the taller females. Once a guy reaches the 6′ 5″ mark, there might even be a slight drop in compatibility with female responses, since that may cause some girls to consider the guy too tall.
2 inches may not seem like a lot, but it really is. Going from 5′ 10 to 6′ 0″ is a dramatic difference. It could mean being agreeable to 30% of females on a dating website to being agreeable to 70%.
Remember of course the limitations. Similar to bottle derived blonde hair, the very quick, cheap, easy technique done will eventually run out and the real, form reveals itself eventually. One has to come clean eventually. However, by the time the other person likes you, they would probably forgive you for your “trick” in the beginning. You can justify your actions by saying something like “everyone when they first meet someone wants to make the best first impression, especially on a first date.” Remember “ask for forgiveness, not for permission”
However, we are talking about a quick, instant change in results thing a guy can do. To increase one’s attractiveness by at least 2X, wear lifts. If lifts from BIg Dons is too expensive, buy a couple of insoles from your local Walmart or Target for $8 each. It will give almost a full 1 inch total. Put insoles in one’s shoes to make one look taller and converse with the opposite sex to see if there is any noticeable change in results.
Yes, this is a crutch, similar to how females will put on makeup and then dye their hair is a crutch. They also like to put on 4 inch heels ala Taylor Swift, and know since they were 12 years old about how to take good pictures (in the right angles) to enhance their strengths and hide their weaknesses. The whole point is this. Girls knows all sorts of tricks since they were little to make themselves much more attractive and get guys to want them. That is what those women magazines are about.
The whole metaphysical idea known as “beauty” is something that is pursued by females in almost all cultures and societies, even in the jungles of the Amazon, Papua New Guinea, and the deserts of Namibia. The desire to be attractive is critical, and often turns obsessive for a very large percentage of each society.
How many do most guys know? – Only 4. What are the 4?
- Lift/Workout/Have a more muscular body – $30/mth in gym membership
- Spend $200-$500 to get a new wardrobe. aka Have a fashion sense/style
- Get a professional haircut – $70/mth
- Buy nail clippers and hair trimmer to keep the beard/moustache/nails trimmed, groomed, and clipped. – $20 one time investment
However, the problem is that 70% of all modern American guys in the ages of 18-30 are already doing that, at least the normal guys who want to attract the beautiful women into their lives. If every other young adult single guy in your department is doing the same thing as you as written in GQ (aka Lift, Fashion, Groom), how can a man stand apart from them? – By going the extra mile to do things which other men still have a mental resistance against.
Here is the list of things I suggest
- Eyebrow shaping/threading/waxing – I was very surprized how just 1 session of eyebrow trimming improved my appearance.
- Men’s Makeup – I suggest the Korean BB Cream for men. It is a primer/moisturizer, foundation, and concealer all in one.
- Once a month spa treatment
- Stud earrings – check out what the professional athletes are wearing
- Get some really good dress shoes. That old 90s stereotype that women will judge a guy based on his shoes is actually true, at least for older adult professional women. Shoes guys. There is a reason why there is a multi-billion dollar industry around just shoes in the world.
- Slight bit of accessorizing – I suggest a good 2 mm thick silver colored necklace and nice watch. Stay classy.
- Last but not least, what I have said in this article. Wear some lifts to give you 1-2 of extra height. 3 inches over will be too much. That is too obvious. Don’t be a Robert Downey Jr. and wear 4 inch boots that make you look like a stripper.
This stuff applies to men and women. When you look good, you can feel good. That increased level of physical looks will give any person a slight boost in confidence. When they walk around, people will unconsciously assume that they are taller than they really are.
There was a famous study done where a professor, graduate student, and TA teaching the same course who were all the same height were asked by the university lecture of 300+ students what the students thought their heights were. The professor was unconsciously believed to be slightly taller than the other 2, based on status alone. Guys, use that to your advantage. If you are 5′ 11″, you can get away claiming you are 6′ 0″ if you dress well, have good posture, and exhude a level of poise and confidence.
Some people like to compare breast size of women to height of men. Those two things are not comparable. They are apples and oranges.
- The average cost for a breast enhancement is $7,500-$12,500 and 2 weeks of rehabilitation.A female can be completely flat chested but it just take a 1-2 hour surgical procedure to get a none-cup to a perfectly acceptable C-cup.
- The average cost for limb lengthening surgery to be say 3 inches taller at least in the USA is $50,000-$75,000 and at least 6-9 months of rehabilitation. If a guy was 5′ 3″, it would require a full 8 inches of lengthening to get to just the average of 5′ 11″. Even then his arms and whole body might look completely out of proportion to the legs that were lengthened.
There are potential complications with both of these types of surgeries, which I will not say which one is more serious and risky.
Breast size is easy to change and almost accepted now. Surgery to increase height is almost never even considered. If it is, people think you are crazy.
- You can’t compare height to breast size.
- Plus, you can’t compare height to weight.
- The best analogy I have been able to think of so far is height to skin color.
- Just as women judge a guys height, and it is hard to change, men do judge women for their skin color and that is something they can’t change, but only hide.
Play the games to win because life is short, your time is limited, and rarely will you get a 2nd chance, a do over in anything. Life is a test and you can’t call in sick. Everyone has to play this game with what they got. Maybe you didn’t win the genetic lottery in being tall, but there are things you can do. If you are born ugly, go to South Korea and look to get some plastic surgery. I fully recommend it.
Don’t cheat or trick, but do realize that there are small tweaks and adjustments you can do to increase the odds for you dramatically.
For men, I will always stress the point of height first. It is true that height is something we don’t have much control over. This site is to give ideas and methods to minimize this factor. Get this 1 factor down, and you will have increased your chances just like when a girl dyes her hair blonde.